Larne Football Club is excited to launch our brand new Alexa Skill called ‘Larne FC News’.
Our media team is always looking at new ways to boost supporter engagement in creative ways. This attitude has allowed us to create ‘Larne FC News’, the first official Alexa Skill in Irish Football and one of only a few in the entire UK.
The Amazon Echo has become a common item in many households worldwide, allowing users to listen to music, radio and keep up to date with the news.
‘Larne FC News’ enables our supporters to keep up to date with everything on our new website by simply asking their Amazon Echo “Alexa, what is in the news?” before being read news directly from larnefc.com. This ensures that keeping up to date with everything Larne related has never been easier.
All users must do is manually download our Skill on to their Amazon Echo in order to be kept up to date. To download, see the following steps:
1) Download the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile device and open the app.
2) From the main menu, select ‘Skills & Games’.
3) Search ‘Larne FC News’ and select to open up the Skill details page.
4) Select to enable the Skill or ask Alexa to open the Skill.
5) Go to the main menu, select Settings and then Flash Briefing.
6) Use the toggle next to each available news program or service to add it to your flash briefing.
As part of the launch of ‘Larne FC News’, we will be running a social media competition offering supporters the chance to win an Amazon Echo. Details of this competition can be found on our Facebook page.